Workshops, Foundry, Forge, room models, within which, the workers were able to repair and rebuild any piece was necessary for the activities of the mine.
The building that houses the reception center was built on the old installation of the first power plantdating back to 1901. The ground floor housed the laboratory of electricians and was equipped for the repair of wide range of electrical equipment located at the mine. On the first floor, however, since 1938 began to be kept, and are partly still, the inlegno models needed for reproduction in the foundry of spare parts of machinery and other metal objects in common use at the mine.
The workshop for forging and tempering of foils, renovated and expanded in 1912, constituted a fundamental laboratory importance for the construction and maintenance of the necessary metal tools in mining activity. The blacksmiths thus perpetuated in modern mining production, an ancient art that for centuries has characterized this territory.
The foundry , dating back to 1885 and modernized in 1912, housed the installations for the fusion of all the iron castings and lead of the mechanical elements necessary all’ordianaria maintenance of mine equipment and for the construction of new machinery, the ovens are visible silhouettes, the molds and other tools for the fusion.
The mechanical workshop was founded in 1938 as a building for the maintenance of vehicles. The building was expanded in 1948 to reach its current size. It was equipped with the latest technical equipment for small and large carpentry, a sliding bridge cranes for the repair and installation of machinery and labor for normal maintenance of means of transport.
Hotel La Caletta
Via Amerigo Vespucci, 66
09031 Torre dei Corsari
ARBUS – (Sud Sardegna)
Tel: +39 070 977033
La Valle Verde
Viale di Vittorio, 27/4,
PART. IVA / C.F. 01473660924
Tel.: +39 070 977 033 / 977133